Skilled And Caring Personal Injury Advocacy
V. Sharon Edenfield
Attorney V. Sharon Edenfield is the managing partner of Edenfield Trial Law in Statesboro, Georgia. A top-rated attorney with more than 16 years of legal experience, Ms. Edenfield provides exceptional representation to clients across her region who have suffered catastrophic personal injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence. She also handles complex commercial litigation and business disputes for both plaintiff and defendant clients alike.
Early in her legal career, Ms. Edenfield worked as an insurance defense attorney, so she has a wealth of insight into the industry, which enables her to devise the most effective strategies possible to help her plaintiff clients recover the full amount of compensation and benefits they deserve.
Whether advocating on behalf of plaintiff injury victims or defending the rights and interests of commercial clients dealing with serious issues affecting their companies, Ms. Edenfield maintains an unwavering focus on her clients' needs while fighting aggressively to help them obtain the positive results they seek. From her efforts, she has achieved significant success in state and federal courts across her region, and she has successfully handled numerous appeals in both state and federal appellate courts.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Edenfield has earned consistent top rankings from her peers as well as recognition from the National Trial Lawyers as a "Top 40 Under 40" and a "Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Attorney". She has also been honored twice with the Signature Service Award from the State Bar of Georgia's Young Lawyers Division, the only attorney who has been honored more than once for commitment to community service, as well as the organization's Award of Achievement, along with various other awards throughout her career.
A 1999 graduate of the University of Georgia, Ms. Edenfield obtained her Juris Doctor with a Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting from Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law in 2003. She is admitted to practice before all Georgia trial courts, the Court of Appeals of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Edenfield has served as president, secretary and treasurer of the State Bar of Georgia's Young Lawyers Division as well as member of the organization's board of governors and board of directors. She has also accepted various appointments by the Georgia Supreme Court to serve on various committees and commissions, including serving as a Special Master and as a Bar Exam Grader. She has also served as chair of the Consumer Assistance Program and state delegate for the American Bar Association, among her many other professional affiliations.
Ms. Edenfield also supports her local community through her involvement with various civic and charitable organizations, having served on the board of directors for the United Way of Southeast Georgia, the Statesboro Arts Council, and the Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce. She is a member of the Statesboro Service League, Leadership Bulloch Alumni, and has volunteered her time with multiple organizations, including with Safe Haven domestic violence shelter located in Statesboro.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2003
- The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A.B. - 1999
- Major: Political Science
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2005
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2005
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2005
- Georgia, 2004
- Super Lawyer in Personal Injury-Plaintiff, 2021, 2020, 2019
- Super Lawyer in Business Litigation, 2018
- Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
- The National Trial Lawyers - 2021, 2020, 2019- Top 100- Civil Plaintiff
- The National Trial Lawyers - 2016, 2015 - Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Plaintiff
- State Bar of Georgia YLD Signature Service Award - 2019 (only 2 -time honoree), 2011 (First Honoree) - recognized for community service
- State Bar of Georgia YLD Award of Achievement - Outstanding Service to the Bar - 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10
- State Bar of Georgia YLD Award of Achievement - Outstanding Service to the YLD - 2006-07
- “Twenty Under Forty,” Statesboro Herald, 2010
- “Four Under Forty,” Statesboro Magazine, 2008
- State Bar of Georgia, 2004 - present
- Bulloch County Bar, 2007 - present
- Federal Bar Association, 2015 - present
- Southern District of Georgia Court Advisory Comm., Special Guest, 2015 - 2019
- American Bar Foundation Fellow, 2015 - present
- GA Assoc. of Women Lawyers, 2005 - 07
- American Bar Association, 2007 - present
- GA Trial Lawyers Assoc., 2016 - present
- American Assoc. for Justice, 2016 – present
- Georgia Bar Foundation/Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow, 2009 - present